I’m just going to go ahead and shill for this again because it’s great and you ought to take a look at it.
Do you like Harvest Moon? Do you like Rune Factory even though the studio that makes it is shutting down? Do you want to plant some crops and grow things? Do you want to make googly eyes at the locals and maybe make a baby happen? Ḑ͇̮̞̥O͏̫̻̟ ͖̮͘Y͇̞O̦̱̖̱̣̝͝U̸̲̹̺̤̬̮ W̶̥̠̬A͔̼͚̰Ń̳͈T͔̟ ̟̞̱̯͖͡T̝̲̙̜̝̠́O̧̼̹ ̤͎͎̤R͎͝ͅÁ̞̣̤͍̤͚̩I̪̗͎̦̼͚̱S̷E ͚͚P̻̯͔E̡̬̻̯̘̱̹N̢͉̭͓͕͉G̦̖U͓̣̠͙̤I̤͙̞̪̺͈͍͡N̷̰͚̰S̵̯͚̤̥̼̮͕?̢̺̲!̡̗̺̭͙
If even most of those things are true Wild Season is the game for you and it needs your help on Kickstarter!
What do you get with a game like Wild Season?
Well buckle your ass in, because here’s a features list if you’re much of a slob to go to Kickstarter!
- A detailed and intricately crafted world that you can explore, experience and enjoy.
- Play as a male or female character!
- 8 Bachelors and/or bachelorettes for you to woo, romance and marry.
- Same sex relationships.
- Build relationships with characters that you can believe. make friends, and loved ones, or enemies and crazy exes with our custom built relationship engine: The Friend-Zone Engine.
- Turn your newly acquired decrepit farm into one of the region’s top farm.
- Grow crops, raise animals, and sell their produce.
- Multiple story-lines, relationships and choices for you to explore, ranging from a mature emotional roller coaster, to downright slapstick.
- Make choices that change the world around you. Make your way into the town council and make decisions about where to take your town.
- Participate or simply attend the many festivals that occur throughout the year, including fairs, competition, races, mystic sacrifices and more!
- Discover the deep dark secret of your town, why it will cause worlds to collide, and decide what you will do with that knowledge.
- Take part in part-time jobs to help build relationships, and fill your wallet in the early days.
- Stop for a drink at the bar after a long day’s work to socialize. Who knows what you might learn! ( Especially on quiz-night!)
- Initial Animal List: Cows, Sheep, Goats, Chickens, Ostriches, Penguins, Llama, Horses & dogs
- Cooking & Baking variety. Lots of recipes and ways to make a dish. Compete locally, regionally and nationally to become the nations best cook/baker!
But I know what you’re starting to think. I can feel it my bones and it disgusts me. ”Oz,” you think to yourself, “Sure, you’re handsome, classy, well-read, and you’ve probably had sex with a literal mountain, but can you assure me this game isn’t just a carbon copy of everything that’s been done before?” Amazingly, the people making this game were tipped off to your concerns before I raised them for you, possibly by the Devil himself, I don’t know!
- Character driven story-telling approach. Each character has a history, internal conflicts, issues and distinct personalities.
That means it’s not going to be a game of “find that tsundere one because the loud one makes me want to punch a nun to death”!
- A more mature undertone: Unlike other games of this genre, we want characters to be deep, compelling and relatable. As such we have decided to take a slightly more mature approach with our storytelling, with characters having to deal with a range of issues, ranging from drinking problems to crisis of concience.
Oh it’s not even close to being baby time in here! It looks cute as hell but this is a game for grown-ups! What if someone’s smoking? NOBODY CARES.
- Its not just about making friends: Its not about achieving the highest level of friendship with everyone in the town to achieve rewards. If you just dont like a particular character you can make them your enemy!
HATRED IS A CONFIRMED FEATURE.
- Off-Duty Activities: Whilst running and maintaining the farm is important, we are also focusing strongly on activities available to the player when not on the farm, including activities (like dating, mystery solving, spying, learning to cook), jobs, entertainment & more social options. (with farm automation options later in the game to make it easier for those who get bored with the same routine after a few years).
You’re not going to be a slave to turnips forever, you swine! No, you can stalk people!
- Contextual relationship building: NPC’s will notice when you come out for drinks in the evening, if you’re antisocial, or when you barge into their houses and rooms at odd hours off the night (and when you do it too much!), or begin to stalk them.
Don’t break and enter, asshole! OR DO, BECAUSE YOU CAN HATE PEOPLE NOW.
- Political System: Join the town council and help shape the direction of your town.
It’s not just a farm it’s a democracy! No one can tell you no because these idiots voted for you!
- Use of technology. Use evolving technologies (tv/ cellphones, etc) to help manage and automate your farms & relationships.
Can you text the people you hate? MAYBE.
- Dog & Horse racing. Breed Dogs & Horses for races (yes more than one).
THEY LIVE FOR OUR AMUSEMENT.
Is there a story? OF COURSE THERE’S A STORY. Am I going to copy and paste it here? No, because this post is already long and guess what, it ends with you running a sweet-ass farm and apparently taking over democracy possibly forever! The consequences will never be the same!
Is it going to play on a platform you have? I can’t believe you have to ask, that’s just such an insane question, but because I’m amazing and I want to make your life better, I’m gonna let you know, the answer is yes. PC’s, Macs, Linuxeses (Linuces?) things with Linux on them, IOS because Steve Jobs’ ghost is scary as hell, Android because Google! And wait, maybe you’re some kind of sociopath, maybe you want it on your Blackberry because Tumblr users can’t get enough of Blackberry, IT’S POSSIBLY GOING TO HAPPEN. WINDOWS 8? MORE LIKE WINDOWS GREAT. Consoles? Yes, oh my God, it’s just raining platforms. If you can’t play this game, I don’t know how you’re using Tumblr but it’s an inspiration!
There are going to be characters, of course there are, you have to hate someone!
One of them looks like a little guido, I want to punch him, but maybe he’s super cool! Even still, they’re all cute as hell and maybe I’ll be a benevolent type, maybe I’m going to go on some adventures with these people. Maybe you will too, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll just run the pony races and the town with an iron fist of Stalin-like cruelty while breaking into people’s houses at 3:00am, I’m not going to judge!
i have a new program!!
i want to draw all bokumono!!
Neverland shutting down and all
i hope this doesn’t mean rune factory will come to an end ;A;